Comments: flash mx 2004 announced

Hi All,

Is flash 2004 pro going to load up flashmx 6 fla files. Unexpected format message. Do I have to believe people might have a few flashmx 6 files they might want to load to continue working on?
what the f?
jT

Posted by jT at October 1, 2003 01:56 PM

Don't you think they should have the MX to 2004 priced less than the 5 to 2004? And we bought the books twice.

Posted by Jonathan Dear at September 7, 2003 03:54 PM

whaaaa da fff!!! im not done with the MX version yet! whoaa! this company is more like Microsoft this days! huhuhu hiks! is it worth to empty my pocket for common designer like me???

Posted by sg at September 1, 2003 02:03 AM

Cool. Iīll wait for your new book. Thanks for been so consider with designers. Thanks to you, Derek Franklin and Philip Kerman, I undestand a bit more abour as.

Posted by Ray at August 27, 2003 06:32 PM

hi all,
i'm afraid i can't give you any more info than is available on the macromedia site. but reading the ecma4 spec is a good idea :)

Posted by colin at August 26, 2003 12:23 PM

Check out http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/es4/index.html for more info on how AS2 will work. Pretty much like the ECMA 262-4 Spec. Probably best to wait for the 30 day trail or even better purchase here from Colin.

Posted by urbian at August 26, 2003 05:57 AM

Hello everyone,

I want to invite you to take a look at the review I wrote about Flash MX 2004.
Here is the URL: http://downloads.junioronline.us/flash_mx_review.html

Please pass on the review if you want to, because my visitor doesn't attract much people as is.

Posted by Eric Jr. at August 25, 2003 05:52 PM

Any insight on how AS2 and AS1 work together? I read that AS2 would, for the most part, not be accessible in the AS1 editor. While, I can see the immediate benefits of AS2 for high-level programmers, how does this effect larger/multi-level development projects? Will everyone working on a project need to use FMXPro/AS2, if AS2 is used? Will designers/developers be able to use AS1 if the program architecture is AS2 based?
Is forward compatibility possible?

Posted by gweedo at August 25, 2003 02:21 PM

That's what I get for typing with one hand!

Posted by urbian at August 25, 2003 11:54 AM

Feed us we are hungry!!! I dwon't sleep for a few months this is what we have waited mnay years for ... a whole bunch of kick-ass!

Posted by urbian at August 25, 2003 11:53 AM

So Colin, when can we expect to see Actionscript 2.0 - The Definitive Guide? Also, can you elaborate anymore on prototype being dead. How will the Object method construct work now?

Posted by steve at August 25, 2003 11:47 AM